Now that many of you will be reopening your offices, here are a few reminders of best practices to protect both you and your patients:
- Make sure your charts include any and all telephone encounters with your patients during your physical closure.
- Make sure you have hand sanitizer readily available to your patients and staff.
- Make sure all your Oxygen, emergency kits and injectables are up to date and not empty.
- Make sure your printer has enough ink in the cartridge.
- Make sure your printer has enough paper.
- Do not overbook your patients, causing a “mob scene” in the waiting room. Consider having the patients wait in their cars until your receptionist calls them on their cell phone.
- You should call your medical liability carrier to alert them you are seeing patients again in your office.
This list is not meant to be exhaustive; simply a list to start your thinking.
Lawrence F. Kobak, Esq.
101 Greenwich Street, Suite 8B
New York, NY 10006