COVID-19 Pandemic in 2021: An Update on Key Advances in Patient Management & Disease Prevention – Playback Now Available
The Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York, Inc. and EmPRO Insurance co-hosted this timely virtual symposium. The panel of expert physicians specialize in Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Geriatric Medicine, and Adult Infectious Diseases/Public Health.
Upon completion of this virtual symposium, learners should be able to:
- Discuss an overview of the COVID-19 vaccines in use and undergoing clinical development.
- Identify long term complications of infection and risk of long term disability in adults.
- Describe the spectrum of clinical presentations of COVID-19 in children from the asymptomatic to the Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in children.
- Explain how to approach patients with COVID-19 in acute care settings – the triage process and patient prioritization;
- Identify challenges in diagnosing and managing older patients with suspected or confirmed infection in long-term care and assisted living facilities.